This Friday we are talking about Baby food, well particularly Breastfeeding!
I own a breast pump that probably cost in the mid $200 range. I am pretty unsatisfied with it! First I had to replace the face plate and now/still cannot turn it above medium suction. Kind of inconvenient!
So I was EXTREMELY happy to receive a NEW! Comfort Select Performance™ Dual Auto-Cycling Breast Pump from Mom Central!
Let me say I am very impressed with this pump for several reasons.
First off each horn has its own motor. So when you use batteries this means you can walk around and pump! Some of you may be saying why would I ever want to do that? Well it never fails I start pumping and Little Princess starts whaling! Because she knows mommy is making food!
Dual motors also allows you to control the suction on each breast! This means one can be at full suction and the other at half suction, or whatever works best for you.
This pump also only takes 6 batteries when using the portable function. The pump I currently own uses 10! I have found the battery time is very comparable, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of pump time.
The last and BEST part I found about this pump is the price! This pump retails for around $70. That's right only $70! Which is a HUGE price difference to the over $200 you normally spend on a pump!
Here are some highlights for the new and improved NEW! Comfort Select Performance™ Dual Auto-Cycling Breast Pump:
- Improved cycle time from 38 to 57cpm (60cpm is the accepted norm for a suckling baby)
- Vacuum performance is consistently near the maximum of 250mmHG. Productive vacuum at all settings between min and max.
- Regulated power adapter provides more consistent vacuum levels and cycle rate throughout range
- Dual performance – 2 individual pumps for better production allowing individual settings and overall increased vacuum capacity
- More stable bottle stand to prevent possible spillage
- All components are BPA free and contain less than 0.01% phthalates
- ISO Compliance and International symbols on pump allow retail in Canada
- Upgraded corporate packaging that is WHO code compliant and more appealing to Mom
- Aesthetics improvement – color schemes are more appealing (lavender)
Now onto the even better part of this post! Mom Central and Evenflo have given me an additional NEW! Comfort Select Performance™ Dual Auto-Cycling Breast Pump and one box of Comfort Select® Disposable Nursing Pads with Lanolin and on box of Comfort Select® Disposable Nursing Pads to giveaway to one lucky reader!
Here are my only suggestions for the next version: A slightly larger bag, or at least side pockets to hold the bottles. The bottles will fit in the cooler portion of the bag, however if you have milk in bags in the cooler section there is no where to put the empty bottles for the next pumping session.
To enter leave a comment! Entries will be accepted through May 10, 2009 and I will pick the winner using Random.org. US readers are only eligible. Make sure you leave an email address in your comment or that you have one accessible on your blog so you can be contacted if you win! I will also list the winner on PRIZEYwinners so if you are a subscriber to PRIZEYwinners you do not need to leave your e-mail address. If you do not send me your mailing address within one week of notice of winning I will give your prize to someone else.
To get extra credit
Bloggers - Blog about this contest and link back to me and leave me the link in your comment.
For an additional entry visit this Mom Central page and share breast pumping tips and secrets. Every mom that shares a tip will be entered in a giveaway to win one of three Evenflo Comfort Select Performance Breast Pumps and boxes of nursing pads! (Please note this is a separate contest)