Friday, December 3, 2010
10 Great Recipes to Get You in the Christmas Spirit
In recent years, Christmas has gotten so commercialized that we’ve forgotten what it is all about—food! Who doesn’t have memories of warm Christmas hams, homemade Christmas candies, pies, warm cider, or other Christmas treats? Making and eating tasty treats and good food is one of the things that makes Christmas so special and gets us in the Christmas spirit.
So, if you are looking for some traditional Christmas recipes—or for something a new and adventurous—check out the list below for links to amazing treats what will make you think you’re hearing jingle bells already.
1) Mint Chocolate Christmas Cupcakes: A little chocolate, a little mint, and almost no holiday stress.
2) Christmas Ginger Cookies: Ginger cookies are a staple of season; try these tasty treats to get in the spirit.
3) Apricot Glazed Ham: Time to update your Christmas ham recipe! Try this new one with a savory and sweet apricot glaze, Christmas dinner will never be the same again.
4) Christmas Plum Pudding: Have you ever tried this traditional English Christmas treat? Now’s the chance to find out why it’s been an English Christmas staple for so long.
5) French Canadian Christmas Pork Pie: If you are looking to sample other countries’ Christmas traditions, serve a little French Canadian Pork Pie at your next Christmas dinner.
9) Russian Friendship Tea: There’s nothing like a little hot cocoa or cider on a cold winter’s night, but if you are looking for something a little different this Christmas try this fruit-based tea infused with cinnamon and cloves.
10) Chocolate Fruitcake: I know all the fruitcake jokes in the world, but you’ve never had fruitcake like this. Chocolatly, fudgy goodness that will make you think twice about ever telling a fruitcake joke again.
Gunter Jameson writes about several topics including travel, minimalism and online classes.